This service is for
Castetter Sustainability Group
Specializing in compliance and political analysis, Kaelan started in the industry by arguing against a federal ruling to secure the first hemp infused alcohol approval in New York history. He has since gone on to establish CSG to become a leader in regulatory analysis and fighting to ensure an industry that supports innovation, farmers, and investment. He has worked closely with the NYS legislature and Governor’s office to advise on policies in the recently passed Hemp Extract Bill, co-founding the New York Cannabis Growers & Processors Association, and working on over 30 successful hemp growing and processing application.
In-depth analysis on how new regulations can affect your business.
Peace of mind knowing your business is in compliance with state and federal rules.
Make your application the strongest it can be.
Want to stay-up-to date with general cannabis news both within New York State and elsewhere? Don’t have the time to divert attention from growing your business to sift through dozens of news articles, bills, guidelines, and bulletins in a complicated, explosive industry? Don’t worry. We’ll take care of all this and more with:
- Our newsletter containing breakdowns of important and relevant news in the New York State, national, and international cannabis industry.
- Regular, in-depth policy and legislative analysis detailing how new developments and regulations in the cannabis industry might affect your business.
- Personalized industry and client-specific analysis and research on a case-by-case basis. Need a report on selling CBD in a specific municipality? Need a pamphlet outlining new hemp legislation state by state? Receive comprehensive analyses on the specific issues you need, when you need them.
At CSG, we provide peace of mind that your business is in compliance with the various state and federal rules and regulations in all areas of the cannabis industry.
Our compliance services include:
- Reviewing your operations to conduct an audit and certify compliance.
- Reviewing your labeling and marketing materials
- Preparing reports tailored to your business to keep you ahead of the curve.
- Working on your behalf with local and state agencies to get your business operational.
Applications for those interested in entering the cannabis industry are complex and time-consuming. Further, any disjuncture between your business and your applications can cause great amounts of time, stress, money, and even legal trouble. With our experience in working on over thirty approved hemp licenses ourselves, we at CSG have the information and understanding of everything these applications need. Let us help you make your application the strongest it can be.
Recently, legislation was proposed that would have legalized adult-use marijuana in New York State (Marijuana Regulation & Taxation Act S1527B). New York State is on the path to legalize adult-use within the next few years and quite possibly in the 2020 legislation.
We have worked closely with state legislatures on the MRTA and are acutely aware of the political climate and major issues involving adult-use legislation, such as:
Social equity plans – The inclusion of communities disproportionately affected by prohibition within the industry is one of the top legislative priorities
Taxation and revenue – Lawmakers have been looking to other states with legal cannabis markets for examples of tax regimes. These potential tax rates and regimes will be critical for businesses and financial planning
Vertical integration – New York State is looking to prohibit vertically integrated businesses in order to provide more market opportunities throughout the supply chain
Licensing – Adult-use licensing structure is likely to be multi-tiered, allowing for a wide range of entrance opportunities
We strive to establish relationships with our customers based on honesty, respect, and forward thinking. If your business is interested in our Analysis and Compliance Services, fill out the form below and we will reach out!